ICC Note: Following the release of the video from Boko Haram featuring the abducted Chibok girls, the BringBackOurGirsl (BBOG) movement has spoken out to Nigerian President Buhari saying that he no longer has any excuse to not rescue these girls still in captivity.
While the government has claimed that they need to verify the video and ensure that these are indeed the missing school girls, BBOG has stated that no more confirmation is needed and the government needs to actively try to rescue the girls who have been suffering in captivity for over two years now.
Boko Haram has terrorized Nigeria for the past 7 years, killing, raping, and abducting thousands; their abduction of the 276 Chibok girls in 2014 was an act that gained international attention. Many of these girls are Christian, since Boko Haram is known to target Christians in their violence.
Nigeria(Premium Times) – The BringBackOurGirls movement (BBOG), on Sunday said President Muhammadu Buhari has no more excuse not to rescue the school girls abducted by Boko Haram terrorists over two years in Chibok, Borno State.
BBOG, in statement by its conveners, Aisha Yesufu and Oby Ezekwezili, said this after Boko Haram released a new video showing some of the abducted girls, one of them, Dorcas Yakubu, pleading with the federal government to release detained Boko Haram commanders as a condition for their freedom.Two hundred and seventy-six (276) girls were abducted on April 14, 2014, with 58 of them having so far regained freedom.…
Pray for their release!